Includes or included Crestwood Lake (now a 70-acre borough park), Fell's Meadows, Wolf Swamp. Alpine Post Office -- Alpine Post Office was established 6 April 1871 with Joseph Du Bois as the first Postmaster. Bogota Post Office - A Bogota Post Office was established here on 26 June 1895 with Lewis V. It became an Independent Station and an Independent Branch . Deppert (), Albert Hoffman (), George Zimmerman (), Albert Hoffman (), Henry Petri (30 June 1893) Jacob H. borough organized January 16, 1895 (referendum January 15, 1895) from area taken from Ridgefield Township. Earlier called Cliffside Cliffside Park includes or included Grantwood, Pleasant Valley, and Shadyside.
Allendale Postal Service -- Allendale Post Office was established 11 November 1869 with Smith Roswell as the first Postmaster. Ackerman (), Louis Rossner (4 June 1889), Henry Upham (), Stephen J. Other early Alpine Postmasters included Edward Kohler (), Frederick J. The Carlstadt Post Office was reestablished at a later date. Ullmann (16 June 1897), and Albert Neiderer (22 June 1901). Palisades Amusement Park was operated here from 1898 until 1971.
Consult the Department of Health page linked below for post-1848 marriage records filed at the state level.
borough April 8, 1903 from area taken from Harrington Township. Named for the watercress that grew in abundance in the stream here. It has about 100 markers dating from 1870 to the present. The Bergenfield Museum at 84 Hickory Avenue opened in December 1989. Population: 1918-3,200; 1930-8.816; 1940-10,275; 1950-17,647; 1970-29,700; 1980-25,263; 1990-24,458. It was named for the Bogert family who settled and lived in the area. It became Bogota Branch, Hackensack 1 March 1924 and became an Independent Branch Feb 1927. The Camp Merritt Memorial at Knickerbocker Road and Madison Avenue in Cresskill is a county-owned memorial monument and min-park erected on part of the 1917 site of the World War I Camp Meritt. Population: 1909-700; 1918-1,300; 1940-2,058; 1980-5,901; 1990-5,900. The Alpine Cemetery, a non-sectarian community cemetery is located on the south side of Cemetery Street in Alpine. borough incorporated as the Borough of Bergenfield June 26, 1894 from area taken from Palisade and Englewood Townships. The building (erected 1799) of the old South Schraalenburgh Dutch Reformed Church (organized 1724) is located here. Wolfkill" is noted here on a 1860 map, but others have felt the pottery was located on the banks of the Hackensack River). borough organized November 17, 1894 (referendum November 14, 1894) from area taken from Ridgefield Township. General Information - A station stop on the Northern Railroad of New Jersey. On December 31, 1970 parts were exchanged with Tenafly Borough. The Fountain Spa, a luxurious Bergen County day spa, is dedicated to giving New Jersey residents the ultimate experience with relaxation and tranquility.Voted Best Spa in Bergen County, their professional team provides a wide variety of spa services.Settlement by the Dutch West India Company in New Netherland on west banks of the North River (Hudson River) across from New Amsterdam (present-day lower Manhattan) began in the 1630s at Pavonia, eventually leading to the establishment of Bergen (at today's Bergen Square in Jersey City) in 1660.